1. If the declaration covers future donations you are able to cancel the declaration at any time by notifying the church. It will not then apply to donations made after the date of cancellation or such later date as you specify.
2. Please notify any change of name or address while the declaration is in force.
3. You must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax that the church reclaims on your donations in the tax year (currently 25p for each £1 you give).
4. If your future circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and/or capital gains equal to the tax that the church reclaims, you can cancel your declaration.
5. If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief in your Self-Assessment tax return.
6. Because of the need to identify your gift(s), payment must be by way of cash or cheque, using either personally numbered church offering envelopes (these will be supplied), or accompanied by a note clearly showing your name, date and the amount of your gift; or by banker’s standing order.
7. Tax refunds will be allocated to the General Fund from which 10% will be transferred to the Mission Support Fund.
8. If you would like to allocate all or part of your gifts to a specific purpose, please note this on the envelope.
9. The donor will receive a copy of the Declaration and also be provided at the end of each tax year with a statement of total Gift Aid donations and tax reclaimed.